1.Differentiate between SSRS 2005 and SSRS 2008
Ans. 1. SSRS 2005 report server requires IIS,
2. SSRS 2008 comes with a build-in web server and hence does not require IIS.
2.How to know Report Execution History?
Ans. Report Execution History can be known from the execution log table in report server database contains all the logs from the last two months so we can see it from there.
3.Define cache in SSRS?
Ans. Report server can lay up a copy of processed report in a memory and return the copy when a user opens the report. This server memory is called as cache and the process is known as caching.
4.Difference between Tablular and Matrix report in SSRS?
1. Tablular report:
It is the most basic type of report in which each column corresponds to a column selected from the database.
2. Matrix report:
A matrix report is a cross-tabulation of four groups of data:
a. One group of data is displayed across the page.
b. One group of data is displayed down the page.
c. One group of data is the cross-product.
d. One group of data is displayed as the “filler” of the cells.
5.What is the web service used for reporting services?
Ans. Reporting Service Web Service used in SSRS.
Using this service we can access all report server section and also get the report organized on report server.
6.Define RS.exe utility?
Ans. Rs.exe utility is used for organizing the report on report server.
It comes with the report server and can be modify accordingly.
7.How to create Drill-Down reports?
Ans. 1. By grouping data on essential fields
2. Then toggle reflectivity based on the grouped filed
8. In which SQL Server version report builder introduced?
Ans. Report builder presented in SQL Server 2005.
9.How to organise the Report?
Ans. Report can be organized in three ways:
1. Using visual studio: In visual studio we can directly deploy the report through solution explorer by providing the report server URL in project properties at Target Server URL. This will organize entire project or single report as per our selection.
2. Using report server: We can directly go to the report server and deploy the report by looking the report from the disk location on server.
3. Creating the utility: SQL server provides the utility which can be used to create a modify utility for our report deployment in bulk.
10.How to create Drill-through reports?
Ans. By Using Navigation property of a cell and scenery child report and its parameters in it we can create Drill-through reports.