1.What is SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)?
Ans. SQL Server Reporting Services is a server-based reporting tool that you can be used to create, manage, and deliver reports to target users in many forms like tabular, matrix, graphical, and free-form (custom). Reports can be created using data from any relational and multidimensional data sources.
Reports can be viewed and managed from a web server (World Wide Web).
2.What are the Reporting Service Components in SSRS? What are the main components of reporting services?
Ans. Report Designer: It is a tool to create reports.
Report Server: Provides services to deploy, host, and deliver reports.
Report Manager: A Web-based administration tool for managing the Report Server
3.What do you understand by matrix in SSRS?
Ans. A matrix is a data region related to a report set.
Matrix permits us to create crosstab reports with the report variables showing on rows and columns.
It also allows us to drag.
4.What is a dataset?
Ans. Data set are the set of data made available to show in report. Data sets are created on data source. Data source is the source of data from where we get data set i.e. database server and database name connection string. Again, data set is connected with data source.
5.What are the different types of datasets?
Ans. Datasets are of two types:
Shared Data Set: Shared data sets are shared across the reports within a Report Project
Embedded Data Set: An embedded dataset is private to the report in which it exists
6.What are the tools/ways to deploy reports?
Ans. Reports can be deployed to report server by using any of the following method:
2. Report Manager
3. Computer Management console DTX.exe
7.How to deploy the Report?
Ans. Report can be deployed in three ways:
1. Using visual studio: In visual studio you can directly deploy the report through solution explorer by providing the report server URL in project properties at Target Server URL. This will deploy entire project or single report as per you selection
2. Using BIDS: In BIDS you can directly deploy the report through solution explorer by providing the report server URL in project properties at Target Server URL. This will deploy entire project or single report as per you selection
3. Using report server: Can directly go to the report server and deploy the report by browsing the report from the disk location on server
4. Creating the utility: SQL server provides the utility using that which can be used to
8.What is RS.exe utility?
Ans. Rs.exe utility is used for deploying the report on report server. It comes with the report server
9.Which language does the RDL files made of?
Ans. RDL files are written in XML.
10.What are the different types of data sources in SSRS?
Ans.SSRS use different data source. Some of the sources are:
1. Microsoft SQL Server
2. OLEDB Data Sources
4. ODBC Data Sources
5. SQL Server Analysis Service