1. This file is used in web application.
2. Can have more than one web.config files
3. It stores the application level configuration settings.
4. This file is created automatically when an web application is created.
5. We can also create web.config file if wanted.
6. Web.config will override the machine.web config file.
1. This file is created when visual studio is installed in os.
2. Contains machine level configuration settings.
3. Only one machine.config is allowed in the system.
4. Settings are applied to all the web applications in the system.
5. Without this file we cannot execute the application.